About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend are for doing nothing...

...and not feeling guilty about it. As you may know, I am in the midst of a very ugly cold. It has forced me to slow down the fast paced lifestyle I have so quickly become accustomed to in DC. I warned y'all several days ago that I was becoming nostalgic about my time here, and so this post should come as no surprise. I will try to not get all mushy. No promises. With a roommate (aka bar buddy) out of town and some all too uncomfortably warm weather happening outside, I have relished in the simple act of doing nothing this weekend. To be completely honest, some paper writing and 1 workout (that almost got the better of me) has occurred, but beyond that, I really have spent the weekend vegging out.
I used the last of my fresh spinach on Friday making the green monster pictured. Normally when that happens, I am on the first metro line out to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods to restock. Not so this weekend.
Rather, I have begun cleaning out the cupboards and emptying out (my portion) of the freezer and fridge.
I am bidding adieu to this magical city in just 6 days, and after a morning spent reading over my posts from this semester, I must say it is truly bittersweet. But the best things in life are, I suppose.
You live and you learn from experiences as wonderful as this. Hopefully, you leave your mark on those who you have come in to contact with. I know the people in my group have made an impact on my life. I will be sad to leave them (despite the inevitable reunion in the fall) because I know things will never quite be the same.
But that is a good thing, to some extent, because this was meant to be an experience, a time in our lives to value. We are so young and carefree right now, to sum up our time in this city as anything short of an adventure would be selling ourselves short.
I have learned so much about who I am as a person, and more importantly, the type of person I strive to be in the future. I have come to terms with a lot of variables that are beyond my control and gained a level of maturity I believe is beyond my 21 years.
There have been speedbumps throughout, but in the end I think I am leaving this city a much stronger person with values and beliefs that I will carry with me wherever I end up.
So now it is time to move onto the next phase (after 3 more papers and 2 presentations of course). The next phase may be scarier than the one I am leaving behind. But what is life, if not an adventure?
The countdown has officially begun, my friends. 19 days and counting until my arrival in Strasbourg!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!