About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Dessert that Dreams are Made of...

So y'all know I went out last night right? Well I reunited with my favorite chica from the rock town. Lot's of new faces around here lately huh? This is the same bffile who came to visit me in D.C. a couple weeks back. I could not be more thrilled to hang out with her again, if for no other reason than I knew I was going to have a good time. :) And that we did. There are loads of interesting people in downtown Little Rock on a Wednesday night. Don't believe me? Check this guy out...I think he should serve as a not so subtle reminder to be yourself and own your look. We are all different and choose to express ourselves in unique ways, and he represents that idea perfectly. Of course at the time I was all "Tattoo man, can I get a picture!," but that is just doesn't really parallel the point I am trying to get across so let's stick with the deeper meaning.

Okay, so obviously I slept in this morning, way in. I awoke craving greens, which is pretty much normal at this point. Enter the worst smoothie attempt in history. Seriously, if I had not used such high quality ingredients I would have surely thrown it away. But I am not one to waste anything, especially food, so I drank (i.e. choked) it down. No pictures because I am legit embarrassed I screwed it up.

I then darted of the my favorite place in town, The Little Rock Athletic Club. After yesterday's cardio sculpt class + a night of dancing in heels, my legs we oh so sore this morning. My hamstrings are like pieces of wood. I cringed my way through a hour of very light yoga (the teacher was a substitute {aka no good}) and then 25 minutes of light walking on the dreadmill. Not a high impact workout by any means, but movement nonetheless.

Upon my return to la maison I whipped up a tasty and filling lunch.
Lunch:
  • 1 La Tortilla wrap
  • 1 large handful spinach
  • 1 Dr. Praeger's vegetable burger
  • 1 Laughing Cow Wedge
  • a serving of baby carrots

I heated the wrap in a olive-oil coated pan and then melted the cheese onto the wrap. I added the spinach next and allowed it to warm and wilt slightly. Heat the veggie burger in the microwave for 1 minute and cut into pieces. Add them to the pan and fold the wrap in half. Flip the wrap and heat for 2 more minutes.
Although mind-numbingly simple, this quesadilla inspired dish had a variety of complex flavors. It was very savory and satisfying. You should try it and let me know what you think!

Onto the star of lunch, nay, the day really. This dessert is seriously so amazing. I am completely addicted! I know I mentioned it a couple of days ago, but y'all, take my advice. TRY THIS IMMEDIATELY!!

You can start by either hunting down your preferred flavor of Vitatops and favorite nut butter at the grocery store, or just order in bulk online like we do in this house! :)
All you have to do is microwave the Vitatop for 15 seconds and then spread 1 tbsp of your favorite nut butter on top. 5 more seconds in the microwave, and it is like you have created icing.
In the foodie world, I believe this is what dreams are made of. At least mine are...
The best part is, because the Vitatops are chock full of fiber, you are actually satisfied when it is gone! Personal size cake with a healthy spin. I like it...
...obviously.

After consumption, my mom (hey mom!) called me up for some girly bonding. We went and had manicures and pedicures! Considering my mom used to despise doing stuff like that, I was very surprised she suggested it! We had a great time and now if I can manage to not mess them up, I may have the prettiest fingers and toes in France!
8 days and counting! Eek!!!
Until tomorrow
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!