About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

$100 Day!

Welcome new followers! I am so grateful that y'all decided to follow my blog and join me on my journey (where ever that may take me!) Just to catch y'all up to speed, I just finished an epic semester in our nations capital, Washington, D.C., where I learned a lot about the real world and just how scared I am to enter it! I managed to recap the good times and the bad, which you are welcome to explore by reading through my previous posts.
But all good things must come to an end, and now I am currently holed up in Arkansas for a 10 waiting period before my next grand adventure begins in Strasbourg, France for six weeks! It is always nice to come, if for nothing more than being reunited with the parental units and this precious face.Blog friends meet Sheba (German Shepard), Sheba meet my blog. There is another pup laying by my feet who will surely make an appearance sooner than later, but for now just take in that precious face. We had some serious snuggle time today while catching up on re-runs of Glee and Modern Family. Such great shows!
Let me scoot back to the beginning of my day. 11AM to be specific :). I awoke to a glorious bowl of oats. Breakfast:
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1 tbsp Almond Butter
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed

It is a shame Arkansas is hot as hades because I dig this breakfast. Thank goodness for air conditioning right? Anyways, I still wasn't full after the oats (I even waited the obligatory 20 mins) so I ate 1/2 cup greek yogurt and some berries. I think I just needed some protein after my run yesterday. Intuitive eating, holla!

I spent the entire afternoon running around Little Rock with the MILF's and Desperate Housewives that seem to consume this little bubble of suburbia. I hit up Best Buy for a new Iphone running case (my old one ripped) and Target for an international converter so I can charge up my computer to blog about my experiences! Well, my intention was to go to Target solely for the converter, which costs $20, and go figure, I spent $100! Story of my life. I got some goodies though, including new yoga pants and a pair of skinny jeans! Whoop!

I returned to the casa famished, so I threw together a quick, pre-linner (late lunch + early dinner) snack.Carrots, celery, and hummus. For the record, I opened that tub yesterday and now it is gone. I destroy hummus. Like, I need an intervention. I digress...lunch today looks awfully similar to yesterday, but hey, if you find something that works, go with it!
Lunch:
  • 1 La Tortilla Factory wrap
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1 can of tuna
  • 2 tbsp hummus
  • 1/3 cup chickpeas
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
This was good, but if you follow me on Twitter you know I was on my way for a Whole Foods hot bar date. That never happened. Instead, I drove all the way there, only to be called by my mother and told to come home because I supposedly locked her out of the house. I standby that it wasn't me, but I could not leave her stranded. My lunch date was sweet enough to bring me home some fresh fruit in the signature WF tub, so I guess I got a taste at least. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening
because that is what I am here to do! I would much rather be in Syracuse watching some of my best friends graduate, but sacrifices must be made. I made a ton of phone calls and wrote a plethora of emails regarding summer school (which needs to be organized before I leave). It is starting to feel like getting the credits to transfer is more difficult than the actual class will be. Here's hoping :)
Dinner was late and thrown together quickly, as I could not decide what to eat and I really wanted to watch the new episode of Glee!
Dinner:
  • 1 banana sliced thin
  • 2 tbsp almond butter
  • 2 pieces Ezekiel Sesame bread
  • 1.2 organic granny smith apple

I doused the entire thing in cinnamon right after taking this shot because let's be honest, all things are better smothered in cinnamon (and ketchup where appropriate!)
Okay, I am off to bed because I have an annual check-up first thing in the morning followed by a kick-butt CardioSculpt class (God-willing I get out of the doctors office in under an hour!) Either way, exercise is happening.
Nighty Night everyone.
Until tomorrow
~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Sheba is so cute! I am sure she is a great running buddy =)

    Kudos on finishing your semester...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!