About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What a colorful day!

Hellooo friends!
I finally got my hair cut and colored today after way to long of a hiatus from the salon, but now I think the chemicals they dyed my hair with are giving me a headache. I am going to keep this short and simple so I can rest my eyes before my big night out in the very Little Rock (this is my poor attempt at humor today). I need this headache to go away stat as I am itching to go out.

I woke up uber early this morning to get to my annual checkup by 7:30. It was tough, but after some mental jockeying I made my way to the kitchen and whipped up some quick oats which do not even begin to compare to stove top.

That should serve as a personal reminder to not skip out on making oats the proper way because I am lazy.
Breakfast:
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tbsp flax meal
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  • drizzle of agave
Mediocrity at its finest. After the doctors, and one frighteningly long needle, I ate a naner and headed to the gym. I did a class called Cardio Sculpt which is a mixture of weightlifting and cardio circuits. Let me just say that today I felt the effects of my fun-times in D.C. I believe I was sweating alcohol I did not even know was still in my body. The class was an hour and fifteen minutes and by the end it was all I could do to just get home.
I made it, but only because I knew this epic (and early) lunch was on the horizon.
Lunch:
  • 1 cup greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp agave nectar
  • 2 strawberries
  • 1/2 apple
  • pineapple
  • grapes
  • blackberries
  • 1/4 cup English granola
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Puffins
I originally made this yogurt mess because I wanted the protein. But it ended up being one of the most colorful and beautiful creations I have made in a while. I took a ton of pictures, but tried to practice some self control when posting this.
I wanted y'all to know that there was actually yogurt under my bounty of fruit.
I love eating things mindfully, where you really acknowledge and are greatful for the food you are eating, ya know? This bowl for some reason struck a chord with me. MmMmM.
Later in the afternoon, I became hungry again, which is no surprise after that a$$ kicking workout this morning. I am pretty sure every muscle in my body is going to be screaming at me tomorrow. I went with a heavy snack which I have been anxious to try ever since I saw the combination on Caitlin's blog.
The sweet potato/baked beans combination definitely lived up to her rave reviews.
After an taxing afternoon of phone calls and emails because my summer school situation is STILL not figured out, I just wanted some peace and quiet in the kitchen, so I cooked.
Dinner:
Only to be enjoyed with the most beloved condiment of all time, Ketchup! This was a very satisfying meal because it contained extra protein for the quinoa and a sh!t ton of vegetables, just the way I like it!
Oh, did I neglect to mention I also roasted 3 carrots, a bag of frozen broccoli, and 1/3 can of chickpeas for a second course? I did, silly me!
The color in this shot is off because the veggies were so steamy and hot! I do not think I will ever tire of good old roasted vegetables...
...smothered in ketchup! I warned y'all I eat ketchup on everything. My dad says it masks the taste of the food, but I just do not think that is true!
Overall a beautiful and colorful day of eats coupled with a bada$$ workout. Not to shabby of a day. Can't wait to see what tonight has in store...
Until tomorrow,
~Jenn

Question:
What is your favorite condiment and why?

1 comment:

  1. The food looks delicious! I hope you feel better soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!