About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Makin Moves on My To-Do List!

Happy Monday Everyone!
Things are especially cheery around my apartment today because it is the first Monday in over 12 weeks that I did not have to go to work! (except for Spring Break and Snowpocolypse of course!) If you stalked me on Twitter last night, you may have seen my workout intentions for the day. I said I was getting up at 7AM to run 5 miles. If you know me, you can assume what happened next. I rolled over, hit snooze, and finally got out of bed at 10:30. Guess my body is more in vacation mode than my mind! :)But it's all good because I still had my workout mojo despite the hiccup and gross weather. Speaking of, that put a significant damper on my 5 mile plans so much so that I ended up doing a weight/cardio interval session in the gym in my building. It was one of the best workouts I have done in a while!I fueled beforehand with 1 piece of almond butter banana toast and a small orange. And coffee of course! Upon returning to an empty apartment (*bLiSs*) I took a quick shower and then hung out in my towel (because I can!!) while icing my knees, snacking, and writing a to-do list. Serious multitasking y'all.I have been making a serious dent in this list throughout the day...look at all that is already crossed off! :) I just wish my paper would have magically written itself already. Yea, that is not happening, so I am clearly putting it off until last.
I am pretty sure I use my frozen vegetables solely for icing at this point. I have to make sure there are always two bags in the freezer, so I am on a frozen vegetable eating freeze until my last night here! Pun intended.My post-work out snack today was composed of:
  • 1/2 cup of Fage greek yogurt
  • 1/2 spoonful whey protein powder
  • 1/2 apple
  • 1 power muffin
It was fantastic! After I dried and straightened my hair (which at this point is actually a chore because I need a cut so badly) and crossed it off the to-do list, I started my laundry and then made the most epic salad ever! It was everything but the kitchen sink and then some, seriously. I was a little grab happy with the spinach, so I literally ate my weight in vegetables. Into the bowl went:
  • roasted garlic chickpeas
  • black beans
  • corn
  • tomatoes
  • carrots
  • green peppers
  • 1 laughing cow wedge
  • hummus
  • 3 tablespoons light Balsamic vinaigrette
I ate the whole thing. Do not mess with me and the veg. About an hour later I ate one of the power muffins I baked up last night instead of studying. This recipe is to die for y'all. I found the recipe on Angela's blog, and this is my third time making them this semester! Do yourself a favor and try them out! On an unrelated note, I just returned from a "career night" hosted by my program director. I got all dolled up (heels even!) because I was expecting to mingle with people in the international relations/political science field. I thought this because that is what I was told. Well, let's just say I was left underwhelmed t0 say the least. My director contacted 4! alumni from my university to come answer our questions?? What the he!! kind of a career night is that? I literally just sat around for almost 2 hours listening to how important it is to network. Since when is this new advice? Moreover, I never actually had the opportunity to network because he did not bring anyone in to network with!
I left with a sour impression (obviously) because they all just reiterated the same advice my director has been force feeding us all semester (which I happen to not agree with.) Ok. Vent over.
I just have to get through this week. OY VEY he has me aggravated! I have to go bust out another paper now...
Until tomorrow,
~Jenn

Question: Does anyone else out there have a piece of career advice that absolutely changed your life? If so, what was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!