About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowed In!

Hi everyone!
Surprised that I am posting two days in a row?? Me too (a little) BUT I have some ulterior motives, I can't lie. Because of my rough day yesterday, today's blog is devoted to every little thing I ate today. It is an easy way for me to hold myself accountable, while providing (hopefully!) y'all with some entertainment.
So, remember how I wrote yesterday about Beer Olympics? Well, round one went off without a hitch (except my lack of skill!) and everyone seemed to have a very good time. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that it looks like this outside my window? Beautiful? yes, but it is cramping my social life ;)
Onto today, get ready because I was a picture taking machine. I woke up late and knew that I needed to start my day differently. Cue a banana and small portion of PB (I didn't use everything on the plate) with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I then immediately got out my yoga mat and did a 45 min hot fusion class courtesy of yogadownload.com (I am a huge fan!) It was the perfect way to start off today, clear and levelheaded. Then I grabbed my roomie and made her build a snowman on the balcony with me! It has been way to long since I just did something stupid because it is fun!
Here I am with the finished product!
By that time I was hungry again. Go figure. I was also freezing, so I went with some Amy's organic veggie soup (low sodium of course) and a TJ's wrap with hummus, a sprinkle of cheese, and some spinach.
It hit the spot and left me alllll warm and toasty. I went and did some party planning for this evenings festivities and waited for lunch to settle and then I was off to the gym! The facility in my apmt is about 1000 degrees every time I go, so there was no lack of sweat to be had. I did a great 45 min hill interval workout, and by the end I was pooped.
I got home and was starving, so I whipped up a yogurt mess with 1/2 a TJ's blueberry greek yogurt, 1/2 a banana, a small handful of blueberries, and 1/2 cup of granola. NOM. I tried to eat slow and let myself feel full, but it wasn't happening, so I grabbed a couple cinnamon covered almonds (also TJ's, notice a trend?) To keep with the productivity of the day, some cleaning and shower action happened before I collapsed into bed and read blogs for about an hour. I still eat dinner at Old People Hour (5:30ish) so I cooked up (i.e microwaved a veggie patty with some cheeeeze) while I my real course was roasting in the oven. I used up my broccili, cauliflower, some carrots, and then chopped and roasted a small sweet potato. I officially title this dish my Happy Plate because it is all of my favorite veggies in one sitting. So good! I have also been guzzling water today in an effort to undo whatever damage was done yesterday, but now I am off for some fun (college appropriate) activities this evening!
Here's a question for those of you who love me enough to read all the way to the end of this monster post. What kind of creative activities do you like to do when you get snowed in? Planning beer olympics is a new one for me, but it has definitely passed the time!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!