About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Productive Day!

Hello bloggie world!
How are y'all? This week has been going really well for me. I am chalking it up to the fact that I decided on Sunday to MAKE it be a good week. Therefore, there is just no room to be a Debbie Downer. I added some BLUBS (awkward shortening of words: hellz yes) to my morning monster, and it was so oh so pretty today. I added tons of ice and water also, so it was huge!! Look at the size of that cup! I also drank that coffee, so y'all know I had to pee as soon as I got to work! Maybe TMI, but good lord, I am not immortal and that is a lot of liquid!
ANYWAYS, this day started off right for a couple of reasons. 1. I packed my lunch last night so I got to sleep for an extra 30 minutes this morning. 2. I passed out at 11:30 PM last night so I got 7.5 hours of glorious sleep (that NEVA happens!) 3. I was all mentally prepared to make today productive and I wrote out my to do list immediately upon arriving at work (my OCD side lurvvsss to do lists). 4. Wednesdays are my Fridays at work, and who doesn't love Fridays!? My purple monster kept me full for just shy of 3 hours today, which is unheard of for me, so I didn't dive into my power muffin until almost 11. Also a rarity: I worked on actual work things all morning long without touching my google reader! Holy Productivity! At that point, I knew clicking over would seal my fate for the day (meaning I would get nothing else done because y'all are infinitely more interesting than what I was working on) so I continued to resist. I got all of my preparatory reading for tomorrow's simulation class while breaking into this glorious glorious salad. Top salad I have made in my short blogging career thus far. I used spinach, red pepper, cucumber, slivered almonds, and chickpeas. Then I added hummus and balsamic vinaigrette for dressing. DROOL AWAY. (btw, I am trying to take legit pictures with my actual camera now, so that is why you can actually see the damn thing) :)
I went to some staff meetings (yea, actual intern things) for most of the afternoon, celebrated a co-workers birthday (but passed on the cake, thank you, thank you), and did my homework that is due Friday. Yea, it is unreal the amount I can get done when I actually put my mind to it. I started my new book on the metro ride home, and although interesting, the author is no Michael Pollan. Sigh, is anyone really though?
First thing upon arriving home, I threw on workout clothes. I am doing lower body and cardio tonight, and there is no room for excuses.
Dinner had to be quick because I only had about 45 minutes between work and class. Cue a new grocery store buy: It smelled soooo good in the microwave. Yea, I microwaved dinner. I am not proud, but it had to be done. I had leftover roasted sweet potatoes, TJ's frozen greens, and I added a laughing cow wedge and some fresh tomato to the veggie burger. It was decent, I prefer fresh to frozen anytime, but sometimes you just gotta make things work ya know?
I had the same dessert I have been eating all week again, but it was bittersweet, because I ran out of yogurt tonight :( At least I made four servings out of the tub! Woohoo for portion control!
Now I'm chillin in class. I wish y'all could see my outfit. I wanted to wear shorts for tonight's workout so I put on mens sweatpants overtop with an army t-shirt and a bigass comfy hoodie. To sum it up, I look like a man. Eff that actually, I look like a badass gym rat!
Okay, I am off to clear my google reader! Love you all for keeping me so busy and happy! I love this community I have found! I just wish I was going to fitbloggin' but there is always next year I suppose! Also, I really want to try and get in on one of the meetups, so if you're in the DC area and interested, let me know!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!