About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Eating is an agricultural act."-Wendell Berry.

It is an ecological act, and a political act, too. Though much has been done to obscure this simple fact, how and what we eat determines a the great extent the use we make of the world- and what is to become of it. To eat with a fuller consciousness of all that is at stake might sound like a burden, but in practice few things in life can afford quite as much satisfaction.-Michael Pollan Read carefully what is written at the beginning of this post. Stop and think about the words and what they mean in your life.This quote has fundamentally changed the way I think about food and perceive the entire agricultural industry. My grocery receipt each week represents my small part of this big world. Each dollar represents a conscious choice that I have made to say that the status quo is not good enough.
These choices reverberate throughout our lives, and manifest in different areas. It is all political, when you really stop to think about it. Every dollar you spend, every organic vegetable you choose over conventional, it all MATTERS. Take it into your own hands.
~Jenn

P.S. A huge thank you to this lovely blogger who randomly picked my name for a FREE jar of Crofter's Organic Superfood Spread! I can't wait to collect the goods at Whole Food's this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!