About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Getting it Together

Is anyone still there?
I have been the worst blogger ever. So shady. Sorry.
But I am here now, so that counts for something right?
D.C. has been full of ups and downs since I arrived. The classes are fine, but definitely long after a full day of work. It is A LOT of politics talk, which I find very interesting, but sometimes I wonder why I did not just major in health and nutrition or something along those lines. The internship is an internship. It is a small organization, so I find myself a little bored sometimes, but I am getting my foot in the door and that is what matters. And sometimes, I get to go see cool speakers, like the Vice President of Kenya! Smile you're on candid camera!

Okay, so now to the fun stuff! This place is fullllll of fun bars to explore. And since I have a built in bar-buddy roommate, we have been hitting up the town! Lots of fun, like way to much, and it has taken its toll on my poor body! To counter those activities, I have been eating very very clean. Here's a little sneak peak at my cabinet goodies... You are welcome Trader Joe's for all my money! I also take up about 3/4 of our shared fridge space. I gotta have my greens. Speaking of which, because of some damage I may or may have not done last night (I am only 21 once!) I woke up this morning and knew exactly how to fix that gross feeling...GREEN MONSTER. And this one was MONSTEROUS! I used almond milk, 1 ripe banana, 1/2 cup TJ blueberry greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, flax seeds, 2 huge handfuls of spinich, and 2 leaves of kale! I needed greens, I wasn't kidding around. That is the definition of hitting the spot.
So DC is in for 16-24 inches of snow this weekend apparently. I mean, I come from Syracuse so I will survive, but everyone else is FREAKING THE F OUT! To make sure I can stay warm this weekend, I got the raspberry version of my favorite tea at Whole Foods yesterday.
It was my first time since going leaving Little Rock, and OMGEE I miss it. I didn't even need groceries and I spent $40 bucks. Go figure. Ugh I really need to start budgeting better. Okay, but that is not the point.
I am excited for the snow this weekend because some friends of mine that live in our apartment building are holding a beer olympics tournament to keep ourselves entertained! I am competitive by nature so obviously IT IS ON! I will let y'all know what happens I promise!
Off to do some yoga and then laundry. Ahh I love Friday's off!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!