About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Day I Grocery Shopped All Day....

Hello Snowbunnies!
How are y'all? I am lovely because I had no work today! Wahoo!! I found out late last night that I didn't have to go in today and I promptly started celebrating with this. A woodchuck in my most southern coozie. Cute, right? Let me tell y'all, the life of a college kid is hard.
Exhibit A, when I woke up at 11 (eek!) and ate this bowl of cereal and a bigass glass of water. I mixed Trader Joe's oatmeal clusters with TJ's fruit granola and organic skim milk. NOM. Then, my roommate and I decided to go grocery shopping. She knows my obsession with Trader Joe's, but insisted we go to a regular grocery store first to get staple foods. Bleh. But I went anyways because I am a good sport. This is what I had to trek through to get there. It took forever and a day. Seriously y'all, the walk was a workout in itself. So we get to the grocery store and I am all mentally prepared to stock up on my fruits and veggies and this is what I find. Epic fail. The apocalypse has hit DC. No food to be found. I knew my Trader Joe's would not let me down like the regular grocery stores. They care too much and love food like I love food.
So we get on the metro, spend double the amount of time we should have to get there, and trudge through copious amounts of slush. But I will do ANYTHING for TJ's. Low and behold, the store was STOCKED! I was sooo happy! It made all the travel worth it. Post shopppinggasm, I schlepped my precious groceries home and realized I was starrrvvving. Cue a wrap made with all TJ's fare. I used a veggie patty, whole wheat wrap, salsa, hummus, spinach, and a little cheese. All melted together accordingly, it looked like this. I scarfed it down, and then had an unpictured bowl of spinach with balsamic vinaigrette.
Since I am at a Bachelor watching party, I knew I could not attend empty handed. After I ate my healthy fare, I baked up some Funfetti cake for the girls tonight. It turned out really well! (surprise, since it has all of 3 ingredients!) but nonetheless, I got to bake in my kitchen! Instead of the boxed goodies, I ate a yogurt mess with Oiko's strawberry greek yogurt, some TJ's granola, a banana, and chia seeds. So good. I chose the title today because it literally took me 5 hours to go to 2 grocery stores today. I started when it was light out and when I got back it was pretty much dark. Luckily, I really can't think of a better way to spend a day. I love grocery shopping.
I'm off to go rip on some bachelorettes. Hope y'all have a good night!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!