About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Is It Happy Hour Yet?

Hello and good AFTERNOON.
Y'all itching to know what I did last night? I am sure the title gives nothing away. Yea, I checked out my fair share of DC nightlife yesterday and all in all it was highly entertaining. Multiple drinks were purchased (not by me of course) and a good time was had! This is not exactly part of my healthy lifestyle, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow. So I did, and got home super late, and woke up even later! I never even saw morning! Oy!!
But lets back up a minute. I knew I would be drinking last night so I tried to keep my eats pretty light. I didn't take pictures of most because they were so uneventful, but I did whip up this beautiful chipotle inspired salad. I used up a bunch of mixed lettuce, 1/2 can of black beans, 1/2 avocado, a small handful of shredded cheese, salsa, and hummus. I ate the whole thing with a handful of tortilla chips and it was magical! Close up on that beauty.
Another thing worth mentioning is this snack I made before we left. A fresh apple with plain greek yogurt and honey mixed together. A dash of cinnamon on top and we are good to go. Nom Nom Nom. In my belly.
Fast forward to 1PM today and I woke up and ate 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin toast with vegan butter and some scrumptious eggs with 1/2 a banana. Perfection. I made breakfast for both my roomie and I so I used 3 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, and a dash of milk. I also sauteed up some onion and zucchini. Add in a smidgen of your favorite cheese, and you have the perfect breakfast in the middle of the afternoon.
Okay, in an effort to not completely waste away, I am going to take a walk OUTSIDE and get some fresh air. If you are so inclined to know about the festivities of the evening, you may just have to inquire within!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!