About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Monday, April 26, 2010

What a waste of $20 bucks.


Before I tell y'all about my day, and why my post is titled so negatively, I have exciting news!!! My sister just went to Trader Joe's for the first time and fell in LOVE!!! Congrats, I am FINALLY rubbing off on you. It only took 21 years.

I woke up extra early this morning (7:15AM! hehe) to get my schmooze on at an event at the Woodrow Wilson Center. It lasted from 9-11AM so I knew I needed a substantial breakfast. My metabolism is raging with my born again dedication to exercise.Multitasking at its finest: putting on make-up, sipping coffee, eating a bomb.com yogurt mess, all while photographing the food in all it's healthy and filling glory. This was kind of an everything but the kitchen sink yog mess. It contained Fage 0% greek yogurt, a drizzle of agave nectar, 1 banana, slivered almonds, puffed whole wheat, and a little bit of my English granola (blueberry flavor).

The event was did not really peak my interest, so I ducked out a little early so I could walk from the center to work. It was raining, but I wanted to stretch my legs, so I sucked it up. I munched on a granny smith apple while strolling. Upon arriving at work, I was hungry again. No joke. You may have seen me griping about it on Twitter earlier, but I listened to my body and dug into my salad I made last night. Nothing exciting to report about work. Oh, except my afternoon snack! I found the coveted Luna Cookie Dough Bar.It was soooo good and really cured my sweet tooth. Only complaint is the long ingredient list. I will probably not buy this all the time because I prefer to be able to pronounce what I am eating. ;) But thats just me.

I did a quick wardrobe change when I got home and headed to the gym. I find that if I plan to workout after work it has to happen immediately or I will just not go. I completed a 45 minute, surprisingly challenging, recumbent bike ride. I just tried to imagine that I was in a spin class. Having my Beast did not hurt either, as I was able to track my heart rate. I also did my nightly push-ups (I am up to 18 in one set!) and A LOT of stretching!

When I came back to the apartment, I took a mad quick shower because the roommates and I finally all had a free night to go out to dinner. We had heard rave reviews about this place in Woodley Park called The Afghan Grill so we decided to check it out. I ordered the ONLY vegetarian option on the menu (my roommates all eat meat and I felt guilty about asking them to go somewhere else just to accommodate me).That's my plate. It was mediocre at best and a decievingly small portion. Oh and did I mention overpriced? Yea, that plate was just shy of $20. RIDICULOUS. I really don't want to give a bad review, but the bread they brought out had MOLD on it and our service left A LOT to be desired. As someone who worked in the food service industry for 2 years, I am usually compassionate toward servers, but when a water glass is empty, refill it please. Especially when there are only 2 other tables seated in the entire place. Rant over. Let's just say I will NOT be going back there. Whew. Much better.

I was still hungry after I got robbed of my $20 (bitter much?), so I came home and made some dessert.. My magical yogurt that has only 128 calories in a pint, pretzels, and a couple of chocolate chips. I also ate an unpictured PB&J rice cake.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I found myself browsing the Internet today and signed up for an impromptu 5k in Little Rock on May 15th. I am running it with my mom, who is quite the fitness junkie, and I can't wait! I love the race atmosphere, it makes me run soooo much faster! I need to do a practice run soon so I can set a goal time for the race.

I am off to read all of your beautiful blogs until I crash. Only 2 more days at my internship!! WooHoo!!

Nighty night!
~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. i'm so happy that you related to my post. I know there are so many of us who feel the same way. You will be amazing in your half! i'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!