About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Monday, April 26, 2010

What a waste of $20 bucks.


Before I tell y'all about my day, and why my post is titled so negatively, I have exciting news!!! My sister just went to Trader Joe's for the first time and fell in LOVE!!! Congrats, I am FINALLY rubbing off on you. It only took 21 years.

I woke up extra early this morning (7:15AM! hehe) to get my schmooze on at an event at the Woodrow Wilson Center. It lasted from 9-11AM so I knew I needed a substantial breakfast. My metabolism is raging with my born again dedication to exercise.Multitasking at its finest: putting on make-up, sipping coffee, eating a bomb.com yogurt mess, all while photographing the food in all it's healthy and filling glory. This was kind of an everything but the kitchen sink yog mess. It contained Fage 0% greek yogurt, a drizzle of agave nectar, 1 banana, slivered almonds, puffed whole wheat, and a little bit of my English granola (blueberry flavor).

The event was did not really peak my interest, so I ducked out a little early so I could walk from the center to work. It was raining, but I wanted to stretch my legs, so I sucked it up. I munched on a granny smith apple while strolling. Upon arriving at work, I was hungry again. No joke. You may have seen me griping about it on Twitter earlier, but I listened to my body and dug into my salad I made last night. Nothing exciting to report about work. Oh, except my afternoon snack! I found the coveted Luna Cookie Dough Bar.It was soooo good and really cured my sweet tooth. Only complaint is the long ingredient list. I will probably not buy this all the time because I prefer to be able to pronounce what I am eating. ;) But thats just me.

I did a quick wardrobe change when I got home and headed to the gym. I find that if I plan to workout after work it has to happen immediately or I will just not go. I completed a 45 minute, surprisingly challenging, recumbent bike ride. I just tried to imagine that I was in a spin class. Having my Beast did not hurt either, as I was able to track my heart rate. I also did my nightly push-ups (I am up to 18 in one set!) and A LOT of stretching!

When I came back to the apartment, I took a mad quick shower because the roommates and I finally all had a free night to go out to dinner. We had heard rave reviews about this place in Woodley Park called The Afghan Grill so we decided to check it out. I ordered the ONLY vegetarian option on the menu (my roommates all eat meat and I felt guilty about asking them to go somewhere else just to accommodate me).That's my plate. It was mediocre at best and a decievingly small portion. Oh and did I mention overpriced? Yea, that plate was just shy of $20. RIDICULOUS. I really don't want to give a bad review, but the bread they brought out had MOLD on it and our service left A LOT to be desired. As someone who worked in the food service industry for 2 years, I am usually compassionate toward servers, but when a water glass is empty, refill it please. Especially when there are only 2 other tables seated in the entire place. Rant over. Let's just say I will NOT be going back there. Whew. Much better.

I was still hungry after I got robbed of my $20 (bitter much?), so I came home and made some dessert.. My magical yogurt that has only 128 calories in a pint, pretzels, and a couple of chocolate chips. I also ate an unpictured PB&J rice cake.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I found myself browsing the Internet today and signed up for an impromptu 5k in Little Rock on May 15th. I am running it with my mom, who is quite the fitness junkie, and I can't wait! I love the race atmosphere, it makes me run soooo much faster! I need to do a practice run soon so I can set a goal time for the race.

I am off to read all of your beautiful blogs until I crash. Only 2 more days at my internship!! WooHoo!!

Nighty night!
~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. i'm so happy that you related to my post. I know there are so many of us who feel the same way. You will be amazing in your half! i'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!

There was an error in this gadget