About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Allergies

Last night everything was going well. I was super productive with my group partner and we outlined our entire project. I came home for a snack of 1/2 leftover salmon from lunch, 1 laughing cow wedge, and the TJ's version of reduced fat triscuts.
I even made them into little individual crackers and ate them like a lady. As soon as my head hit the pillow last night, I was out. When I woke up this morning, I was feeling off. Groggy, snotty (gross, I know), and all around weak. I pushed the feelings aside, downed 2 hugeasss cups of coffee and 2 slices of almond butter toast with a banana on top. If anything can make me feel better, it is this breakfast. So filling. Today's class went from 8:30-5:00 STRAIGHT THROUGH. It was Latin America day, which meant lots of lectures on immigration. Which would be fine normally, if I didn't feel like my head was going to explode.I had another iced coffee around 11:30 just to keep moving. Probably not the best idea to drink a dehydrating liquid when you already aren't feeling up to snuff. Live and learn, I suppose.Lunch followed another think tank. I don't remember the name of it to be honest. Remember how obsessed I was with Chop't when I moved to D.C? Well, I went to their location in Dupont today and it was a let down. Something was just off with the vegetable powerhouse today. (or my taste buds are outta whack!)The afternoon crawled, but I did manage to grab a cute picture on the metro with one of my favorite people in the program! It is a love/hate relationship I tell you. And those smiles are fake, because we both felt like sh!t today. At one point this afternoon, I looked over at my roommate and instead of seeing her taking notes, I saw this: A photo montage of our D.C. group! How cool is that! She is quite artistic and everyone in the group got a kick out of her drawing. Here's a close up on me! Very cool roomie, very cool. Anyways, back to the food, since apparently I am supposed to have a knack4nutrition, right? Despite feeling like butt, I was daydreaming about my dinner creation most of the day. I had all the ingredients figured out in my head, so all I had to do when I got home was throw it together. Does anyone else do that??
Everything But the Kitchen Sink, Stirfry Edition:
Ingredients:
1/2 package of frozen broccoli
1 handful fresh spinach
1/2 red and green pepper
15 baby carrots sliced in half
1 can garbanzo beans
1 pouch brown rice
4 tablespoons TJ's Soyaki Sauce

Stir the ingredients together in a saucepan until soft. Add in the pre-cooked rice and stir. Add in the Soyaki Sauce and stir again. Et Voila...Dinner is served in just under 30 minutes depending on how much chopping you need to do.As a sidenote, I added a little salt and pepper to my plate because I could not taste anything...Darn allergies!
But it sure looks pretty!
And with that I am off to bed. So sorry for the scatter brained post, but I am just blech right now.
Tomorrow is another day though.
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!