About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Positives and Negatives.

Although this blog has been quite perky as of late, this post is going to deviate from the norm a little bit. I got slapped in the face with some very scary news this evening. Someone hacked into my bank account. Luckily, I caught it right after it happened and had enough minutes on my pre-paid phone to talk with the right people at my bank to handle it, but it has left me very shaken and feeling a little bit violated. The person was using my card in Europe, just in a different country that I have not visited. Not ok.

Before all of that went down, my day started with a positive. My leap into Le Rapidoats was successful. I used the all of the ingredients that were purchased yesterday.

After class, I went running, which counts as a positive and a negative. Positive because I ran 4 miles without stopping and felt very strong, negative because once I stopped running I felt like throwing up and passing out all at the same time. It was extremely warm today and the path I ran provided little shade. Also a negative, I did not stop sweating all afternoon, even après my shower.

(A bed of quinoa with carrot salad, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and feta cheese)
A lunch of healthy, colorful leftover's is always a positive because it saves me time, energy, and money.
As I went in for dessert (aka fresh bread and nutella) I cut my finger on the knife. Definitely a negative, since the cut is so strategically placed that I can feel it when I type.

After another class session and a riveting discussion with my professor, whom I will miss dearly even though he instructed me for a mere three weeks, I was walking home when the universe decided to finally let me know where the Jewish grocery store was hiding! I purchased the biggest tub of hummus I could find, and then positively skipped home to fix myself a classic snack. Delightful.

Another negative: Dinner went unphotographed because I was too busy dealing with the bank and explaining the situation in French to my host mom. On the positive side, it was delicious and there are plenty of leftovers pour mon déjeuner demain that are just waiting to be captured on film.
A fresh fruit salad was provided for dessert. It is a mixture of blackberries, raspberries, pear, peach, cherries, banana, and mango. Light and summery, my fruit was consumed while watching a classic summer storm complete with a lightening show.

Tomorrow includes a trip to the local bank to change my emergency dollars into euros. Thank goodness for planning ahead. Paris would just not be the same without a little spending money. :)

Until tomorrow,
~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. OMG I am sooo happy you caught that. Do you know how it happend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so scary! I am sorry that you went through that but thankfully you caught it just in time....

    I hope today is all positives!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!