About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

PB & J Oats and a Paper

Well, I am officially in the final week. This has been assured by the fact that my life is now centered around this 15 page paper that is due by 5 PM on Friday. Well that, and the fact that I ran out of almond milk today and can't decide if it is worthwhile to buy more. I have my priorities straight.


Today also marked my last Sunday in Strasbourg. I woke up around 9 and made a light breakfast before heading out for a run. The goal was to beat the heat, but I kind of just got trapped in it because I did not get up with my alarm.(An orange, a baby peach, kiwi, and 2 slices of baby bread with raspberry jam)

The run ended up going much better than I had anticipated after a Friday and Saturday of not so healthy eats. I was able to cover 5 miles in an hour and that included my walk home. My splits were as follows:
Mile 1: 10:37
Mile 2: 10:34
Mile 3. 10:41
Mile 3.1: 1:08
Mile 4: 12:38
Mile 5: 17:15 (walking home)
I had only intended on completing a 5k (3.1 miles), but I was feeling really good so after I started walking home I just decided to start jogging again. It was nice to find that 'zoned out' place for a little while. It has been challenging to do that here.

After returning a sweaty mess and completing yoga for runners, I took a nice long shower and then whipped up some lunch. The host mom was called away this weekend, so I was on my own with no leftovers to fall back on. The horror! I miss her cooking for me...it is very convenient for my lifestyle here. Anyways, I managed to whip up a pretty uninspired meal.

(Frozen meal (blech!) of brown rice and white fish, served alongside an entire raw zucchini and unpictured hummus.)
I am very much looking forward to big green salads and even bigger green monsters when I get home. I miss my clean eating!

I spent the rest of the afternoon reading and researching for my paper. I have never really struggled this much on a paper before. I am not sure what the deal is but I think it may have something to do with the fact that I don't believe in what I am writing. I gathered a hefty amount of sources (which is good) but so far have only managed to write 2 pages (not so good). At some point during the afternoon, I noshed (snacked).(Organic yogurt with jam, baby bread with PB and jam, and a kiwi).

I think I have developed a liking for the host mom's raspberry jam.

My ADD was in full effect today. I literally could not focus on this paper for the life of me. I move from the bed to the desk and back to the bed about 600 times in an attempt to focus, but it was just a no go.I did manage to stream the Germany v. England game though. All I can say is wow, way to go Allemagne! I could hear people screaming outside of my balcony every time they got a goal! It was pretty entertaining and distracting.

Sigh.

The early evening was once again, spent at the computer trying to make myself focus to no avail. However, I did read some great new blogs and made a lot of new friends on DailyMile!

Dinner was consumed without the host mom so I went with an old standby.(1/2 cup Le Rapidoats, 1 tbsp PB, 1 tbsp raspberry jam, and slivered almonds.)
Oats in front of the computer. I needed some company for dindin and luckily some fine people in my google reader popped up and made the meal lovely.

I am really disappointed I did not get this paper out of the way today. I don't want it looming over my last week in Strasbourg. The plan now is to go to bed super early, wake up even earlier to get in a short run before my class at 10 AM and then spend the rest of the day focused on getting it done.

Sorry for the dull post. It was a dull day.

Until next time,
~Jenn

P.S. I am probably not going to post tomorrow. I want to limit the distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!