About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Le Diner

I'm back. Seriously though, only for a minute. I just need to tell y'all about my dinner.

We started with a beautifully presented tomato and mozzarella salad. That is fresh basil on top that came directly from my host mom's little garden on the balcony off the kitchen.Next came the main dish, of which I cannot remember the name of to save my life. All I know is that my host mom told me what it was called twice so I could write it on the blog. Fail, Jenn, fail. Anyways, I just tried Googling it to no avail. I had to stop because all of the pastry bread was making me hungry.I won't lie, I was kinda sketched out by this dinner. It is a combination of 3 different types of fish, puff pasteries, mushrooms, and cream. But, I am in France and therefore open to trying new things. It tasted like clam chowder, just a little more fishy. By no means my new favorite weekly dish, but I did manage to eat about 3/4 of it before giving up and moving on. My host mom only served herself 1 puff pastry to my 2. Oh woman, what are you doing to me?!

At least she is catching on quickly to my love of health food. Check out what I had alongside!Quinoa and spinach!!!! It gets better...she made leftovers for my lunch tomorrow so I don't have to eat a white baguette! Love host mom, love.

I was offered bread and cheese for dessert but politely declined and requested fruit. She clearly hit up the supermarket when I was gone yesterday because the apartment is stocked with fruit! My picture came out blurry (annoying that I did not notice that until now), but I am still posting it. Why?Because of that intense red color! These are bio (organic) and intensely flavorful.

Other random musings of the day. I finished both my paper and presentation today (yay!) while it crazy stormed outside!Thunder, lightening, and the whole 9 yards. I was not allowed to use the Internet during the storm because the Ethernet cable is linked to something on the roof. I am chalking up my day of productivity to the fact that I had no Google Reader or Facebook to distract me. That's all!



Bonné Nuit!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!