About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Monday, July 5, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..."

Scratch that. I don't actually like cats. Unless you are talking about my BFF Cat, who I actually love.(Cat in all of her morning glory and her trashed bedroom! Clean that up!)

I much prefer dogs. Big dogs. Dogs that run to the top of the stairs when they hear you walking around first thing in the morning so they can greet you with great big kisses. (Boomer posing. He knows he's handsome.)

"Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens..."

Both will do you no good here. Grab a blender and some ice because we are back in the deep south during the height of summer.
(Reunited with green monsters and it feels so good! And mango just for good measure!)

"Brown paper packages tied up with string..."

All of these groceries were carried home in brown paper bags to my father's dismay. That is how I roll Dad. We are going green! :)
(More than a few of my favorite things. More like a schmorgesboard of happiness.)

"These are a few of my favorite things."
(Lot's of favorite things ahead. Get ready!!)
(Cut up veggies and fruit for the week for easy accessibility. Bottom to top: Cauliflower and broccoli, strawberries and blackberries, cucumber strings, red pepper strings.)
(Lunch of champions: Starbucks Hueveos Rancheros Wrap and a divine unsweetened iced coffee with soy milk.)
Snack plates have come back into my life in full force!
(Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, and hummus.)

Welcome home dinner. Yes, you are looking at Ratatouille. Chef Bob (my dad) made it from scratch to "ease me back into American cuisine." Good lookin' out dad.
(Ratatouille, veggie burger with ketchup and corn on the cob.)

Dessert(Chocolate Vitatop, 1 tbsp Dark Choc. Dreams PB, and fresh strawberries.)

My first day home can literally be summed up by what I ate as I was too jetlagged to do much else. Oh, but I did watch a fabulous Michael Pollan documentary on Netflix based on his book "Botany of Desire."

~~~~~~~
Today, I refocused my "knack for nutrition" w/ a little deviation. My healthy living blog has not been so healthy as of late. I don't regret a single petit pain chocolat but damn it feels good to get back into my routine!
Pre work-out breakfast.
(Coffee w/ almond milk. Slice of Ezekiel sesame bread with 1tbsp almond butter and 1/2 banana.)

Following consumption, I went to the gym and broke my first (intentional) sweat in a week. I don't think I have taken a straight week off of working out since high school. Let's just say, things got sweaty pretty fast and running felt like death. But the first workout back (especially after not so healthy eating) is always the worst, so it is all uphill from here!

I munched on a replica snack plate from yesterday before delving into some serious grooming. I mean the whole 9 yards. Straight hair, shaved legs, eyebrow waxing, and a fabulous pedicure that was beyond necessary! Buh-bye gross European feetsies!
(I have unnaturally stubby toes. They just don't grow!)

Then I was off to check out a new frozen yogurt store in Little Rock called Orange Leaf Yogurt. It is very similar to the popular yogurt stores I saw all around DC.

Alright, let me feebly attempt to decipher what went into this cup. Ice creams (as in plural):Chocolate PB swirl and cake batter. Toppings: Rainbow sprinkles, 4 teddy grahams, white chocolate chips, 2 brownie bites, blueberries, strawberries, coconut shavings, and a cherry on top!
I did not even make a dent, y'all. My mom locked my dad out of his car as I was sitting down to inhale my fro-yo (a sign perhaps!?) so I had to rush home to give my dad the other car. Crisis averted. Instead of loading up on sugar, I took advantage of the fully stocked refrigerator.
Linner
(Organic spinach, cucumber, grilled teriyaki tofu, 1 hard-boiled egg, hummus, and balsamic vinaigrette.)
I have since munched on a handful of potato chips and some hummus and spelt pretzels. I don't think my tummy likes dairy anymore, so sadly Orange Leaf will not be getting more of my business.

I am still feeling the jet-lag, so this evening is going to consist of blog-reading and a movie. I am up bright and early in the AM for an intense workout followed by my first day of summer school!

Until tomorrow,
~Jenn

Question: Does anyone else hate their toes?!

1 comment:

  1. Completely jealous of your amazing abundance of foods from the grocery store. Definitely can't afford to buy all that wonderful organic produce, but I would love to.

    Good luck with class tomorrow. Hope you're getting all settled back in at home :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!