About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Learning

Life is a continuous education whether we realize it or not. We are always learning, evolving, and adapting. Everything we experience, from moving into that first apartment to living abroad fundamentally shapes us. Life throws a lot at us, and often the decisions we make are difficult. But we must have faith and take risks.
Sometimes it is hard to go out on a limb, but I believe that is where all the fruit is. (Pineapple, 1 slice Ezekiel toast, 1/2 tbsp almond butter, 1/2 banana, cinnamon)

I've started thinking about the future. The future that exists beyond college. At this point, all I have are uncertainties and unknowns.
(Banana soft-serve: 1 frozen banana, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 tbsp cacao nibs)

On the one hand, I will have the whole world ahead of me with a degree in hand. But on the flipside, I will be unemployed and unsure of how to support myself.

(What Sheba has learned: she does not like carrots)

I believe that things happen for a reason. The 18 credits that stand between me and the real world are the buffer that I need to figure everything out.

And I will.
(1/4 cup red-pepper hummus, as many carrots as I could possibly eat)

With this in mind, I plan to continue to learn as much as possible. I want to soak up the knowledge of those around me, work hard in my exercise physiology summer course, and commit to my 1/2 marathon training. I want to progress, both mentally and physically.

(1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 almond butter, 1.2 cup water, 1/2 scoop chia seeds, 1/2 tbsp almond butter, 1 tbsp cacao nibs)

Learning is about so much more than memorizing facts in a classroom. It is about living life and being open to new experiences and trying new things.
(Pre-spin class green monster: 3 cups organic spinach, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup pineapple, 1 scoop Amazing Grass powder, 1 tbsp flax seed, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup water, lots of ice)

All I have are my thoughts for the future. There are a lot of tentative ideas in my head yet none have manifested into a concrete plan. And for now, that is alright.

We can only take one day at a time. I choose to learn something today.
(Chocolate vita-top with 1/2 tbsp almond butter. Microwaved for 25 seconds {from frozen}. Do it now.)

Knowledge is power.

So on a lighter note, let's see how much you know...
Do you know what color a newborn Panda is? (Googling the answer is cheating, by the way.)
I'll post the answer at the beginning of tomorrow's post.
Until then,
~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. What does the green drink taste like? does the banana and pineapple cover the taste of the spinach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastically green looking green monster!

    And I don't know what college you're at (obviously, haha) but my university did have a "career center" and an alumni org to help grads find jobs. Maybe it's worth looking into? Also, it's great that you are thinking and looking ahead now. When I was a senior I just had so much going on I just took the first job I could get (for my year off between undergrad and starting grad school) and it ended up being a really awful year. You seem like you are planning ahead more so you can avoid just being tossed out there!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!