About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Busy Busy Bee...

I really don't know how in the world I became so busy all of the sudden. I think it is just one of those things, ya know, where you either have nothing going on or everything suddenly gets piled on your plate at once.(Dinner last night: grilled veggie burger, corn on the cob, and skewered broccoli, carrot, onion, and mushroom.)
You see, today officially starts Day 1 of my 1/2 marathon training plan. I am following this plan for 13 weeks. I have thrown in an extra week as I like to err on the side of caution. Luckily, Monday calls for strength + stretch so I was able to attend my normal yoga class. Problem was I could not stop my mind from wandering back to all of the things I have to do!
(Breakfast: same as yesterday only with an extra 1/2 tbsp of almond butter to keep me fuller longer.)
Today started bright and early at 7AM. I was up way to late last night working on a project (more details to come...) so I only snagged 5 hours of sleep. I took a friend to the airport and checked on her dogs who I will be babysitting for the next week. Luckily, she lives close by so it is not too much of an inconvenience. Then I rushed off to the dentist, where I received a clean bill of health. Yay for no cavities!

As a reward, I went to Drug Emporium to browse their organic section. Did you know their prices are significantly lower than Whole Foods??
I bought a bunch of new things to try including apple chips, a new (cheaper) brand of dried mango, Mary's cookies, and shotblox for when my runs require fuel.

As mentioned earlier, I have taken on a major project for the remainder of my summer. So far, I am very pleased with the results. I can't wait to share with all of you, but it will take some time as it deals with a completely new field to me. But, I know it is worthwhile.

Moving on to lunch, which did not happen until nearly 2PM. That means my morning oats lasted almost 6 hours! Gah, I cannot explain to y'all how much I love when that happens. I find it difficult to tame my hunger for extended periods of time.
(Lunch: Whole wheat wrap with hummus, salsa (made in Syracuse!!), lettuce, and carrots).
(Lunch: with a side of hard boiled eggs, only the whites, for protein.)
My thought's on Mary's cookies...well I was all excited because the serving size said 2 for 120 calories and not much fat...and then I opened the box. Look at how tiny they are! The flavor is a little wonky as well. Can't win them all I suppose.

I spent the remainder of the afternoon reading for my exercise physiology summer course. I am taking it online and there is a lot of work! I am surprised by how demanding it is. Also, I am by no means a science person, so learning the intricacies of muscle fibers is proving challenging. I think once I get the hang of the terminology I will really like it.
(Dinner: Oven roasted broccoli and carrots.)
Dinner occurred post-yoga. The class was by no means my best. I just wasn't able to concentrate and zone out like usual. Yes, that is ketchup on my grilled broccoli and carrots. Don't knock it until you try it. I think it tastes delicious.

I also wanted to mention a new bar I picked up at Whole Foods the other day. I saw Averie's post about the brand a while back so I thought I would try it out for myself.
I loved it! The bar is almost double the size of a Lara Bar and has a similar flavor profile. It is not overly sweet and had a nice chewy texture. I wish it did not cost so much, but I do understand the price somewhat because of the high quality ingredients used.

Alright, time for me to go check on my friends dogs once again and catch up with my BFF over a bottle of french wine. Not too much though, as I have 3 miles on the schedule first thing in the morning!

Have a nice night everyone!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!