About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

How Sweet Muffins

Instead of following my normal routine of working out first thing in the morning I decided to forgo exercise and bake. After scouring the web (okay, just my google reader) for a recipe, I landed on one that made my taste buds salivate. I adapted this recipe from Jessica at How Sweet It Is.
Her recipes make me drool on the regular, so I knew I could do no wrong attempting to recreate one of her treats. Originally based off of the Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Bread Muffin recipe, I made a couple of alterations based on what I had in the pantry.

The bananas I had lying around were ginormous so I only used 3 instead of the recipe's recommendation of 4.

I also used baking powder instead of soda because I don't actually believe there is a difference.
I tasted the batter, because c'mon who doesn't, and I did not think it was sweet enough. So on a whim, I added 1/4 cup of light brown sugar, unpacked.

Finally, strawberries have hit their peak in Arkansas so I had plenty to spare. I switched out the 1/2 cup of blueberries for 1 cup of freshly chopped strawberries.
Because of all the adaptions I made, I was a little nervous as to how these would taste. Let's just say, I was pleasantly surprised. They are dense, chewy, and not overly sweet. In otherwords, my perfect muffin.

The only thing I would change for next time is I would pre-grease the muffin tin or use some sort of non-stick muffin cup because mine stick to the paper.

Happy Baking!

2 comments:

  1. They look great! I love strawberries in muffins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing! Ohhh I learned the hardway too about the muffins sticking to the paper, now I spray the paper with pam before I pour the batter on it and that solved the problem =)

    You need to make my muffins next time! I made them this morning too =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!