About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Independence

Like so many other bloggers, I often find myself stuck in breakfast ruts. Obviously, the current meal of choice it oatmeal. I really did try to make a change today but it just did not happen. Despite prepping a bowl of overnight oats last night, I just don't care for cold oats, so I ended up microwaving them and adding all of the fixings in a hurry. It's not pretty, but it sure tastes good.
I actually had to transfer my oats into a plastic cup and eat them on the road so I could check on the dog I am watching.
Friends meet Jill. She is the cutest little waddler I have ever seen. :) Apparently, those little legs move awfully fast because I couldn't even capture a still shot of her!

Anyways, I made my normal portion size (1/2 cup) and washed it down with a cup of coffee and then immediately started drinking water in preparation for my first 1/2 marathon training run!Did I mention the Bondi Bands I ordered arrived?! Because they did, and I decided there was no better time to test it out than with a 3 mile run. The run was hard, no lie, but the headband stayed in place the whole time! I was a sweaty mess by the end, but I think it prevented some of it from getting in my face (TMI?). I have a 2 miler planned for tomorrow, so I will test out the other one I bought and report back.

I refueled with a bucket salad for lunch.
(3/4 head of baby spring lettuce, Mary's Crackers, carrots, 1/4 avocado, 1/4 cup hummus, 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette, 1/2 pineapple tomato, and leftover corn on the cob [decobbed]).
It was delicious and filled a large portion of my vegetable quotient for the day.

I pretty much worked on schoolwork all afternoon. So nothing exciting to report there. Dinner was composed of some unpictured fruit and sweet and savory wraps. Yes, two wraps.

(Savory: hummus, spinach, and carrots)(Sweet: 1/2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Dreams and 1 tbsp Marshmallow Fluff)
Gah, I miss marshmallow fluff. It's like being transported right back to childhood.

So, I just booked my flight back to school. I am actually going to Buffalo to stay with a friend before we head up to Syracuse. This is in lieu of a road trip with my parents. Honestly, after all of the traveling I have done over the past year, I am just tired of living out of a suitcase. But apparently, I hurt some feelings in deciding to go right to school.
And now, I feel awful. That was not my intention at all.

Which leads to my question of the day...where do you draw the line between being independent and doing what you want and compromising yourself for others?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, oatmeal is just so good. I always try to switch it up, but then it never ends up happening. ha

    But, those warps sound delicious. I'm buying hummus at the grocery store today. Can't wait, I miss it sooo much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!