About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

On the road again...

Hello bloggie community!
It has been a very busy couple of days. I left Orlando at the buttcrack of dawn yesterday after a teary goodbye with my best friend Cat. I only get to see her about twice a year, so parting is very hard on me. Here is a favorite picture of mine from Christmas day at her fathers house. Beer was NECESSARY. The ears were courtesy of Walgreens.
Ugh I don't want to think about it, so back to the food! So like I said I was on the road all day yesterday and about four hours today. I got creative with breakfast and stopped at a hotel and kindly borrowed some of their hot water and a styrofoam bowl. Into the bowl went a packet of Whole Foods organic flax oatmeal with the end of my peanut butter jar (i.e. sad day but I brought back up!), cinnamon, and chia seeds.
It was very cold out, as evidenced by the mountain of snow we awoke to this morning. Here is my mom, taking it all in! I subdued my urge to munch in the car by purchasing little unnecessary nick knacks (sp?) that I clearly didn't need and taking pictures of said things. But it worked! I just drank tea the rest of the way there.
That cute little guy is a shot glass to add to my collection. I am not sure why there are alcohol references all over my post today as I have not drank in a long time, but whatever, let's go with it.
We FINALLY arrived in Pittsburgh around 12:30, and we were hunnnnngry! My sister took us to a deli close to her apartment. I ordered a veggie burger (which I am pretty sure are the same patties I get in the freezer section at Kroger) and fries to share with the table.
I wolfed down the patties with the veggies on top, skipped the bun, and munched on about 1/3 of the fries. Pretty well done all in all, I think.
My sister just moved into a new apartment, so she was in need of a few things. We ran around Pittsburgh for several hours, and eventually ended up at a Giant Eagle grocery store. I personally think it is nothing compared to a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, but to each his own. I snacked on a PB&J Larabar while there, and it was yum!
I have been bitching about my veggie hankering for the past two days, so I bought a LARGE amount of fresh broccoli to roast in the oven for dinner. They were so good!!! Everyone loved the recipe (which is stupidly simple) and I am going to make more tomorrow. I paired mine with a hummus pita (can I get a hallelujah for a fresh tub of hummus!?) and finally a carrot and hummus.

Two unpictured clementines were consumed for dessert and I did a relaxing yoga session after. The yoga was glorious. Just what I needed after sitting in a car for over 14 hours. I feel much more relaxed and stretched out. My mom and I are going to work out first thing in the morning and I cannot wait to get in a good sweat session. It is beyond necessary.
We are staying in Pitt until sometime on Thursday and then we are going to DC to MOVE ME IN! UNREAL! I cannot believe it is actually happening!! Until then, I am just going with the flow, trying to eat as clean as possible (minus the french fries) and get in my exercise where I can until I get settled. I am such a gypsy traveler right now! OY!
Congrats to all the Disney Marathoner's that completed their race this morning! It was very inspiring to see y'all reach such a tough goal!
~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog and have enjoyed it! I have that West Virginia shot glass too lol. Have a great day! :]

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!