About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Apartment Oats

Hi Hi!
My move to D.C. is creeping closer, but in the meantime, I am just going with the flow and seeing as much of my sissy's new life in Pittsburgh as possible. She has the cutest apartment and lives in a great area with lots of shopping, bars, and of course AMAZING restaurants. I am trying to contain myself, but it is taking A LOT of willpower. So back to me flowing, I slept until 10:30 today and it was glorious! I got ready really quickly because I was starvation central, and my mom and I went to Pamela's Pancakes for breakfast. Have y'all heard about this place? Well I had not either. But, apparently President Obama likes them so much he flew the Chef to D.C to make some for him. So obviously we had go.
I can't justify starting my morning with a plate of straight carbs and sugar (unlike my mom :)), so I had the veggie omelet which came with hash browns and whole wheat toast. I skipped the carbs on my plate, so that I could eat some of my moms pancakes. They were something! I am not a huge pancake person but these were so thin, sweet, and not to overpowering unlike normal pancakes. I really liked them!
After, my mom and I walked around a cute little area near my sister's apartment to walk off some of breakfast. We found an American Apparel...uh oh. I did damage, I can't lie. I could not help myself! There clothes are just so comfy and fit so well! I left with a new hoodie and 2 shirts. Eek.
My mom and sister had a bunch of errands to run this afternoon, and I just wasn't feeling up to running around in the cold. So I came back to the apartment, parallel parked the car! Yes, I did that! and made some lunch/dessert oats, which I am now going to call apartment oats because I made them in my sister's apartment of course!
Recipe:
1 pack organic instant oatmeal with flaxseeds
a spoonful of chia seeds
1/2 medium banana
1/4 cup water (approx) Put in the microwave for 1 minute.
When it comes out, add a spoonful of Whole Foods organic crunchy Peanut Butter, 10 organic chocolate chips, and a splash of cinnamon.
Then put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds, and mix it all up when its done!

Then eat it all up!!! Warm and yummy! and so so easy to make! So do it, go make some. NOW. and then tell me how good they were.
Alright well I have a large amount of Jersey Shore to catch up on (its so trashy, I just can't not watch). I love free time :)
~Jenn
See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!