About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ho Ho Hunnnngry!

Hi Everyone!
Alright, so I just got home from a little Christmas gathering at a friend's house, where I behaved myself and ended up playing DD. I had such yum food today that I decided to be this cool and come home and blog :) Nerd alert. So my darling friends got me the cutest gift ever! check it: It says "good girls go to heaven, bad girls go to Paris," amazing since I have been obsessed with all things French for the past year or so and am spending 6 weeks this summer in Strasbourg. Even though I did not get to break it in tonight, it is totally okay because I saved A BUNCH of calories and there is always tomorrow! ;)
But lets not get ahead of ourselves! I started the day anyone should...with a HUGE green monster that was soo yummy! I am officially a convert....and my friend who is crashing with me for the break even asked me to make her some! I loved it! Spreading healthy habits one person at a time! Here are our matching cups: I used a ridic amount of kale, org applesauce, a banana, a dash of agave, ground flaxseed, and a couple of spoonfuls of oikos greek yogurt that was on sale for 10 for $10 at Kroger! What a deal seeing as I am in love with their greek yogurt!
After some quality time with myself and MTV's power yoga, I was feeling some oatmeal for lunch. But not just any oatmeal, this baby is like a little surprise in each bite! Say what you will about how it looks, I don't care because it tastes glorious! I used 1/3 cup almond milk, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup organic oats and 1/2 mashed banana and top it with a plethora of goodies: a spoonful of WF addictive peanut butter, cinnamon, a graham all smooshed up, and a vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. This recipe is AMAZING! Do yourself a favor and try it! Let me know what you think!
So my afternoon was veryyy relaxing. I ate a boring bowls of organic peanut butter pandas while watching a french movie (I am trying to maintain my language skillz!)
Après (after in french ;) ) I bonded with the parentals and pondered dinner. Check out what I came up with! A bowl o' greens and a hummus, cheese, and veggie patty tortilla of sorts with salsa on the side. I was a little skeptical but it turned out to be really good and definitely a quick meal I will be relying on next semester! Heres a close up: Ingredients are all organic plus a Gardenburger veggie patty, I am allllll over my veggie count these days.
Then, my lovely mother appears in the kitchen and decides she has to knock out a cookie craving with some slice and bake tollhouse that I was not about to eat. But, she did make me want some chocolate! Cue the grahm/PB/chocolate chip creation that hit the spot! A couple seconds in the microwave and a sprinkle of cinnamon and I curbed a craving without ruining my day! woohoo success!

Tomorrow will be a little different, as I am attending both my family's and a good friends christmas dinner, but I am determined to stay in control and keep my portions in check (aka my downfall). I'll be sure to take lots of pics of my family dinner but I don't know if I am ready to explain my picture taking to the friends family. Could get awkward. I am very much still a closet bloggie, at least for now.
Please do leave me a little note if you read this, I would love any advice or feedback y'all have! Thanks!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!