About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day with the fam!

Merry Christmas Everyone!
I hope you are all having as much quality bonding time with your family's as I am! Even though my sister could not fly in this year because she just started her first job post-college (yay!), my dad and I kept with tradition and went to church first thing this morning. Because I was still practically asleep, I neglected to take a picture of my green monster, but I assure you all I started my day off right! Here is our annual pre-church photo: I find that as I get older, I value these photos more and more. There is nothing as great as quality time with your dad :)
Following church, we opened gifts, which were limited this year since my parents are being beyond generous and helping me fulfill my dreams of living in D.C. for a semester and sending me to Strasbourg. Honestly, this is the best gift they have ever given me and I could care less that our tree was a little lighter underneath than usual. BUT, I could not neglect them, so I did what any great college student/daughter does...I got them Syracuse t-shirts! How cute are they!!!! They loved the shirts!
After presents, I was craving a warm bowl of oatmeal (surprise). This bowl was amazing, I think I have hit my stride with my oatmeal recipes because I really cannot get enough. Today I used, 1/2 cup of almond milk and water (each) with 1/2 cup organic oats, 1/2 banana mashed in, 1 tbsp WF peanut butter, a bunnnnch of cinnamon, and a graham on top!
Did y'all know Walgreens is open on Christmas day?! Well I didn't until I drove by one! So of course I went in for things I did not need, like this hat: I didn't actually buy it, instead I chose antlers with lights on them for tonight's christmas party. This way it won't mess up my hairdo! ;) Such a girl sometimes..anyways, I am sure there will be pictures coming tomorrow!
When I returned it was time to prep my vegan dish for the BIG meal. I was beyond excited that my dad (the chef of the house) let me cook a dish!I roasted acorn squash, carrot, yellow squash, zucchini, and broccoli dusted with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. They turned out great and every one ate some! Here is my plate: So many colors and sooo much fiber! Just the kind of meal I was craving. I took some photos of the rest of the meal just because my dad is such an amazing cook! I am sure the ham was delish, but I am really just not into eating meat anymore. But paired with red potatoes, green bean bundles and yams with marshmallows on top we had all the fixin's for a good old-fashioned southern Christmas meal! Feast your eye's on these beauties:
I refrained from that heaping pile of sugar and held out for some of my dad's infamous chocolate pie! I mean there are no words to describe it, so I will let the picture say all that I can't: I ate it like it was going out of style. I do not even feel bad because it is that good!
But now, my friends, I am in dire need of a food coma power nap before I head to my friend's christmas party. It has been a wonderful day so far and I am just so grateful for the people in my life and that I am able to spend christmas at home. I hope you are all celebrating as well!
Catch ya lata playass,
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!