About Me

My photo
This is a little spot to call my own. I'm here to blog about what is on my mind and my plate! This is a place to share my journey to becoming a healthier and stronger me!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Here we go!

Hi everybody!
I have been so inspired by all of the wonderful food blogs I have been reading that I decided to start my own! It seems like a natural progression since I love to eat, workout, and write about it (in that order!) so I thought I would give it a whirl!

So this morning I got up at 8AM for a seriously intense workout class at the local gym called Cardiosculpt. It is a bunch of interval training that incorporates sets of weightlifting with breaks (if you can even call them that) for 2 minute cardio bursts. Class did not start until 8:45, but like I said eat>working out, so I started the day with a banana sprinkled with cinnamon and about a teaspoon of my most favorite organic crunchy peanut butter from Whole Foods.

Following that butt-kicking workout I headed to gather groceries for my dad, as he so generously helps me out, I figured it was the least I could do....read: it gave me an excuse to buy hummus instead of making it :)
When I got home I was hunnnngry and it was only 11! But the tummy wants what it wants so I made some Amy's organic vegetable soup (which I highly recommend!) and had a serving of Whole Foods organic blue tortilla chips with my new hummus and some organic salsa. I threw some organic cheese on top for good measure.


It may look a hot mess, but do not be fooled because it was yummy!

My boxes of junk that I shipped home from school arrived early this afternoon, so I promptly went into crazed OCD laundry mode and combed through all my stuff. Living clear across the country from school is inconvenient like that ;)

Back to my top priority: I needed a little nosh around 2 since I ate lunch at the earliest possible time, so I had some org. grahams with more PB, a crumbled up vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookie I made in an experiment yesterday, and some cinnamon.
I have a SLIGHT obsession with PB and cinnamon, I'm sure they will become eyesore ingredients in no time!
For good measure, I had a cute lil clementine to add some fruity goodness.

The hummus was screaming at me from the fridge, so I had some with a carrot to top off my now very large snack (let's just call it a baby meal!)

Cut to me on the couch for 2hrs watching Dexter episodes with my puppies Sheba and Boomer and what do you know, I brainstormed a delicious dinner! I eat dinner at senior citizen hour because at school it is the only time food is fresh...I am working on it. Talk about a nutritious meal, organic salad with fresh cucumber and roasted veggies with organic ketchup=Happy Jenn.


Such a clean eating day! I am by no means perfect, but being home for winter break with access to all this fresh food has made eating healthy SO MUCH EASIER! College is seriously difficult on the waistline!
Anywhooo, I am considering these two weeks my time to test-run recipes before I move to Washington D.C. for a semester! I want to be able to cook healthy, filling meals for myself to save money and calories. So far so good!
I'm off to primp and beautify before drinks with friends tonight!
I will try to limit alcohol calories, but you are only 21 once. :)

I would love any comments, good, bad, or otherwise from anyone who stumbles upon this!

À Demain!
Jenn

Don't Forget:

so cute right?!

1 comment:

  1. You're wonderful and I'm so sad that we will not be able to dine and yoga in the new year. Please keep in touch :) I'll be sure to promote your lovely new blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!